Improving search precision and contextual relevancy
Academic and scholarly literature has been growing at an exponential rate. Analysts believe the production of literature will double over the next few years as the COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated for more and more research.
Abstraction & Indexing is the answer to manage this explosion of information. Today it becomes even more vital to incorporate A&I services that can improve precision in discipline-specific searching for expert researchers and boost the discoverability of journal articles. Indexes and abstracts add a human-curated layer to what computers can do.
- Molecular Connections’ A&I services are technology-enabled and are curated by subject-matter experts who understand the subject area, and the resultant metadata captures the essence of the subject. Our proprietary machine-aided indexing technology delivers high-quality results in record time. Molecular Connections has been involved in abstracting & indexing for over two decades, helping publishers and organizations add immense value to well-known science databases.
Advantages of A&I over full-text search
- The degree of relevance is much higher compared to databases without A&I. Summarization is useful to many users who do not have time to read complete articles
- Can enhance searchability and discoverability through key concepts, materials, substances, and keywords
- Saves research time and creates greater user engagement.
Molecular Connections A&I reach:
- Types of content processed:
- Patents, Journal Articles, Books, Standards, Dissertations,
- Input as PDF, MS Word, HTML, XML
- Around 6 million patent abstracts, including non-English patents
- Over 100k abstracts of medical case reports
- Over 200k book chapters abstracts
- Over 100k news articles and 20k+ product reviews abstracted
- Non-textual Indexing: Multimedia, tables & graphs
- Deep Domain Indexing: Chemical reaction, property data
- Image processing involving sequence extraction using OCR technology, parse the documents and giving a structure to the final output.
Molecular Connections’ technology EDGE
- Detailed metadata capture at the document level
- Object extraction & indexing
- Cited reference parsing
- Specialized handling of a variety of input and output formats
- Content web retrieval for the purpose of article— A&I and metadata creation
- Creation of a standardized consistent XML format that will become the final output to the client for ingestion
Our Abstraction & Indexing Services Include
Abstraction services for articles patents, books, news
Academic and scholarly literature has been growing at an exponential rate. Analysts believe the production of literature will double over the next few years as the COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated more and more research.
Abstraction and indexing are the answers to managing this explosion of information. Today, it has become even more vital to incorporate A&I services that can improve precision in discipline-specific searching for expert researchers and boost the discoverability of journal articles. Indexes and abstracts add a human-curated layer to what computers can do.
Molecular Connections’ AI services are technology-enabled and curated by subject-matter experts who understand the subject area, and the resultant metadata captures the essence of the subject. Our proprietary machine-aided indexing technology delivers high-quality results in record time. Molecular Connections has been involved in abstracting and indexing for over two decades, helping publishers and organisations add immense value to well-known science databases.
Our services include:
Book Chapter – Abstraction
We at Molecular Connections believe that an excellent abstract emphasises the main ideas outlined in the chapter, allowing readers to grasp the essence of the author’s narrative.
The expertise of our team is focused on:
- Precision: Good abstracts are characterised by precision. We eliminate unnecessary information and make it shorter and more understandable for readers.
- Structure: Structure is always a hallmark of a good abstract. Our abstract provides all the required information about the entire research without being misleading or complicated for the reader.
- Focal point: Abstracts delivered by our team to our clients always revolve around the topic’s objective. There is an emphasis on the apex points of the study, and conclusions are provided.
A team of leading domain experts at Molecular Connections curates thorough abstracts tailored for confidentiality.
- Represent the doctrine behind the chapter at the outset.
- A concise, edifying abstract for the chapter.
- Our undisputed priority is content readability.
- Abstracts that include keywords.
Journal Articles – Abstraction
We specialise in delivering customized, keyword-specific content through our journal abstract writing service.
It is important for an abstract to describe the article’s fundamental dogma.
We at Molecular Connections emphasise the abstract, which is:
- Authentic: A substantial and comprehensive abstract is delivered by our experts. Abstractions are accurately curated based on the article while maintaining confidentiality.
- Brief: Brief, but encompassing the main knowledge base, the abstract covers the main points in a detailed manner.
- Keyword Oriented: To ensure heightened engagement of the targeted audience, we curate abstractions that are keyword-specific.
Molecular Connections provides patent abstract writing that is formulated to present an ingenious notion while abiding by guidelines. Our drafting professionals provide a brief description of patent claims and preserve confidentiality during the process of drafting. We make sure it’s long enough for many details about the invention, but short enough to make reading easy.
The domain experts at our firm develop abstracts that:
- Provide a concise description of the application and describe the integral inventorship claim.
- Content drafting for effortless readability.
- Follow the intellectual property guidelines.
Abstracts, in general, highlight key points of the main topic. At Molecular Connections, our experts summarise the standards and guidelines in the form of abstracts. Following the subject, we provide concise, brief, and informative content.
Video Transcript abstraction
Based on the subject area, we curated an overview of information. An extraordinary approach is used to provide comprehensive elements of the video transcript abstract.
Indexing services including deep and controlled indexing
Molecular Connections provides indexing services to global clients. We offer them through our indexing software, which seeks and indexes the documents accordingly. Our software is capable of generating comprehensive, interdisciplinary, and specific indexing.
We provide an integrated, multi-platform solution meant to make it easier for our clients to manage their documents in a fast, reliable, and cost-effective manner.
Our services include:
Multimedia Content Indexing
We enable you to generate comprehensive transcripts using our MultiMedia Content Indexing service. The existence of a transcript for your multimedia files makes it easier for them to be found and indexed by search engines.
- Framework for incorporating existing video and image analysis algorithms.
- Indexing with a high degree of flexibility.
- Accurate and precise indexing of the content.
- Incorporating semantics into image/video content analysis.
- APIs to produce high-quality content indexes
- System for retrieving multimedia data that has been highly optimized.
- Annotation of images with semantics and object detection.
- A unique AI indexing approach makes the system promising.
- Flexibility and expansion of current functionality.
How does it work?
Semantic indexing is the basis of our system. Our NLP work and SPARQL interface are the basis for our system. A key aspect of our framework is introductory training through the use of flexible, robust machine learning cores for semantic entity recognition, as well as optional raw lexicons and algorithms to understand the real meaning of the texts and index these terminologies from the multimedia sources once recognized.
The concept of conceptual indexing integrates knowledge representation and natural language processing in order to help a retriever connect terms relevant to your search with the correct terminology.
With our comprehensive, multidisciplinary, and specialised concept indexing services, you can anticipate definitive results in no time.
- Conceptual taxonomy is precisely structured.
- Automated processing of lexical data.
- A powerful concept extractor, assimilator, retrieval, and navigator system.
- Lexical compounding and comprehensive thesaurus indexing.
- Indexing multilingual concepts.
- Ontologies are dynamically indexed.
- Conceptually structured phrases in the indexed material allow for easier analysis.
- An expanded and comprehensive taxonomy.
- Concept clustering is derived from unrestricted text that is meaningful and hierarchical.
- A content-based access system that is efficient.
- Documentation materials can be easily arranged.
How does it work?
Semantic indexing is the basis of our system. A key aspect of our framework is introductory training through the use of flexible, robust machine learning cores for semantic entity recognition, as well as optional raw lexicons and algorithms to understand the real meaning of the texts and index these terminologies once recognized.
Image Indexing – Keyword Extraction
An image indexing and retrieval system works by indexing or retrieving images based on a textual description of them, such as keywords, titles, or captions.
A key component of Molecular Connections’ image indexing and keyword extraction service is the analysis of the actual contents of the image for enhanced retrieval efficiency and resolution.
- A powerful feature extraction and object recognition system.
- An attribute-based model of image representation.
- Color Correlograms with High Relativity.
- Deep analysis of textures and patterns.
- Structure-based retrieval
- Image retrieval with high density.
- Retrieving images based on text descriptions.
- A cluster of images is derived from preprocessing the image database.
- Image translation and keyword extraction that is robust
Controlled indexing refers to the method of describing a document by terms, subheadings, or other symbols for the purpose of identification or discovery.
We at Molecular Connections index terms through controlled vocabulary representations, through which conceptually related and curated terms are prioritized.
- Precision text search.
- Eliminate ambiguous retrieval.
- Enhanced retrieval performance.
- Exhaustive indexing of high quality.
- Indexers are only allowed to use approved terms when describing documents.
- Defining a field of interest such that the terminology, concepts, and structure used are clear and understandable.
- Reduced ambiguity and complexity.
- A fully automated system for checking consistency and redundancy, answering queries.
Chemical Structure Indexing
Several databases of chemical compounds, proteins, metabolites, and assays are currently connected, making them exceptionally valuable resources for pharmacological research.
Molecular Connections makes such chemical searches easier. Our databases adopt semantic technology for querying data in an integrated manner.
- Increasing interoperability of substructure searches.
- Access to heterogeneous chemical structure datasets.
- Integrated databases for all structures
- Relational databases based on SQL.
- An integrated query to retrieve the requested compound identifiers.
- Precise and specific retrieval of the structures and their linked data.
A&I services to STM databases
Publishing businesses are advancing by leveraging the potential of revolutionary technologies. These new-age technologies are time and cost-efficient. They add value to content publishing strategies by employing automated processes that replace the traditional, resource-heavy methods. Our publishing technology solutions include:
New Products and Collaborative Innovation
New Product Development focuses on creating software-based solutions that benefit the end-user by creating value. With the vigorous expansion of the digital space, publishers find it increasingly necessary to connect with their audiences in innovative ways, through new tools and platforms. Leveraging technology can help them achieve these goals by engaging, educating, and entertaining the users.
Key Benefits of New Product Development:
- Enhancement of the existing product.
- Improved connection with the audience.
- Helps in capturing new audiences.
- Enables publishers to achieve editorial goals.
- Great for monetizing content.
Molecular Connections’ New Product Development service provides customised solutions to publishing businesses that help successfully address the end user’s needs and challenges. From ideation to design, testing, manufacturing, launch, tech support – our team of consultants and technical experts constantly guides you through the entire process of development.